For more than two decades, Rich has been a key member of the Louis Plung & Company team. As a firm partner, he performs audit and assurance work. His responsibilities include acting as the firm’s technical review partner, assessing the impact of new accounting and audit pronouncements on clients, and developing and presenting training materials. His industry experience includes real estate, manufacturing, construction, wholesale distributors and employee benefit plans. Rich is the leader of the firm’s Employee Benefit Plan Group. In this capacity he works with the firm’s clients in resolving matters raised by various regulatory organizations including the Department of Labor the construction industry. A professional in the accounting field since 1985, prior to joining Louis Plung & Company in 1999, Rich worked for two different Big Four accounting firms.
A conscientious professional, Rich seeks to lead by example in a personable and helpful way—he also loves injecting humor wherever possible! He strives to build strong client relationships through explaining and educating. Rich was inspired to pursue a career in accounting by his parents and a couple of his accounting professors. He credits his success in the field to his personable and humorous management style.
Raised in Allentown, Pennsylvania, Rich moved to Pittsburgh in 1985 and resides there to this day. He enjoys Pittsburgh because it offers the amenities of larger cities on a smaller scale. In his free time, Rich likes to hike, swim, and cycle.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Pennsylvania, Hawaii
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- PICPA Employee Benefit Plan Committee
- PICPA Peer Review Committee
- PICPA Accounting and Auditing Committee
- PICPA Construction Committee
- Saint Francis Alumni Association
Saint Francis University
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting (1985)